Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What????

So, I just watched "Made of Honor" and I hate to be anti-whatever, but these romance movies are not realistic. I have had it!!!! We are raising the future to believe that everything always works out and everybody lives happily ever after. I hate to break it to you, but everything doesn't always work out and my life has never reminded me of anything "happily ever after"!!!!

This is not to say that I don't believe in true love, because I do. But it's not as easy as they make it look in the movies. I have spent the majority of my adult life looking for a prince or a "knight in shining armor" when I know that these things DO NOT exist!!!!!!!

This is not the way that I feel all of the time, but after seeing that movie I decided that I was not going to continue believing the relationship propaganda that is thrown at each of us everyday. I believe that there is someone out there for me and that he will be perfect.....for me and no one else. I'm just not really sure where I am supposed to be looking?????

I know that there are other people out there that feel the same way that I do......I just don't understand what has changed in the previous years that makes it so hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

No comments: